Changes we made to SMART v6

Suggestions, Updates, Improvements Bugs etc

Moderator: OSL

BGW
Top User
Top User

Changes we made to SMART v6

Postby BGW » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:42 pm

IMPORTANT INFORMATION (EXISTING USERS ONLY)
------------------------
Changes made to SMART v6
------------------------

We have changed the install directory, this to allow both version 5 and version 6 will run independantly of each other.

SMART consists of two sets of files

1. Program Files
2. User Data Files

Where are my Data Files currently located?

---------------
SMART version 5
---------------
Both Program and Data Files are installed to: (default install)
C:\Program Files (x86)\On Safe Lines QHSE Software\Sickness Monitoring and Absenteeism

For XP is maybe:
C:\Program Files\On Safe Lines QHSE Software\Sickness Monitoring and Absenteeism (i.e. no (x86) in URL)

----------------
SMART v6 Changes
----------------
Both Program and Data Files are installed to: (default install)
C:\Program Files (x86)\On Safe Lines QHSE Software\Sickness Monitoring and Absenteeism v6

For XP is maybe:
C:\Program Files\On Safe Lines QHSE Software\Sickness Monitoring and Absenteeism v6 (i.e. no (x86) in URL

Connecting to your existing data files
--------------------------------------
Option 1
--------
Use the built in relinking file to re-connect to the path of your existing data files. From within SMART, go to the 'Maintenance Option' menu tab and select 'Relink Data Tables' from the available options. Now, from the drop-down URL field select the location of your existing data files or type the path directly into the url field (orange) and hit the green re-connect button. Carefully read the displayed message to confirm re-linking was successful. You also have the option of adding your own URL should your Data Files be located other than the default installation directory (downside of this option is you will need to do this each time we issue new updates).

Option 2
--------
Backup your existing data file, it just makes sense.

Using the windows file manager copy your data file 'SMART_be.accdb' from the v5 directory into the the new v6 directory. Please ensure you do this in the correct order, i.e. over write the file in the v6 directory with the one from the v5 directory.

Moving Programs Files
---------------------

It is not possible to move SMART's program (GUI) files as this will prevent the application from loading.

To learn more Click Here

To download free trial Click Here

World's Leading Small Business Occupational Health and Safety Risk Assessment Software Company
Free Downloads
http://www.onsafelines.com/free-business-software.html

Return to “Software Development”